CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Personal Food and Excersise Analysis

Food Intake





Physical Activity


Evaluation
Positives of Diet Summary:
My Grains are good because I get to be consistent with 6 oz, as recommended, due to my rice intake. Also, I'm proud of my Fruits and Vegetables because I never realized I ate that much amount of fruits and veggies. Also, the amount of saturated fat (7% taken in) is within a good range (less than 10%). Additionally, my cholesterol level is better than I had expected since I always believed that I ate too many cholesterol-type foods.

Negatives of my Diet Summary:

I have 2246 calories rather than 2130 (recommended), and it is bad for me to gain a lot of calories, which turns into fat if I don't burn them off doing physical exercise. Also, the dairy intake I had on that day was poor, and I would have gotten 0 oz of Milk intake if it wasn't for the yogurt I had at night. However, I find it odd that the total fat of the foods I ate came out a poor on the Dietary Guidelines evaluation. I saw that my sodium level is too high from the maximum range recommended, which is unhealthy to my body.

Food Groups Presented/Missing from my Diet:
As I stated before, I am missing my recommended intake for Dairy products because I rarely drink milk during Ramadan season. It affected my need Calcium intake. However, I did well on the other food groups (Meat & Beans, Grains, Fruits, and Vegetables) since I either was a bit short on the recommendation or I over exceeded the recommendation. Also, I have a high intake in sodium. However, the amount of fiber I needed in my body is fine. I take in high amounts of vitamins, which is good since it keeps my body strong.

Overabundant/Insufficient Nutrients:
In the previous paragraphs, I have stated that I have insufficient Calcium/Dairy intake. However, I have an overabundance on protein and carbohydrates. Also, I had too much from the Vegetables and Fruits group. I eat twice as much as I needed to for Fruits. My carbohydrate intake is also about twice as much as I needed. However, I have 1/3 less of needed calcium.

Long-Term Consequences from Dietary Habits:
By having less calcium, I have a high chance of developing osteoporosis when I'm older. Also, I'm still young so by having less calcium, I will be prone to bone problems. If I dance, then my knees will hurt, so this is a very serious matter to me since I love dancing. Also, the high sodium intake will be harmful to my body since the sodium, or salt, will go into my blood stream and cause high blood pressure. If I have a lot of calories, but I don't burn them off doing exercise, then it will cause me to gain weight, which will lead to a variety of problems in the future. I am also concerned with my high protein intake because protein foods are likely to have cholesterol in them, which will then lead to heart diseases and various cancers.

Implications in the balance between Energy Intake and Energy Usage:

Since I had a total of 2246 calories and the calories I had burned on that day was 965, it would have given me a total of 1281 calories in total for that specific day. I think it is better since the recommended calories per day which I need is 2130, and I burned some of it through my physical activities. However, if I was inactive on that day, the stored energy will turn to fat, which will increase my weight. You need to find the right balance between energy in and out so that you will maintain a healthier weight.

0 comments: