
I grew up with food since my parents, grandparents, and other relatives are FOOD ADDICTS. I've tasted some good stuff and some weird stuff, but all in all, my favorite five is:
1. My Grandmother's Food! I grew up in my grandmother's house and she kept on feeding me, my brother, and my dad... I can't live a second without trying Grandma's food. Her kuey teow's are the best and her Chinese style of cooking made me develop a Grand Love of Chinese cuisines, mainly in Cantonese style.
2. Dim Sum! It is a traditional Chinese cuisine and there are light dishes served at your table and you drink it with Chinese tea. I grew up with Chinese traditions, so dim sum has been part of my life in different variations.
3. Satay! Every Malaysian should LOVE satay, and the best satay is Kajang satay. Every time during Hari Raya, my family and I will go back to Kajang, and we will stop by this satay place and chow down before we see the relatives.
4. Inari Sushi! The best type of sushi, and my absolute favourite when I go to any sushi restaurant. It's sweetened bean curd on rice, and it's extremely healthy.
5. Kai-Lan! It is Chinese Kale or Chinese Broccoli. It's my top favourite vegetable and I never fail to devour it all... Also, it's one of the few vegetables that I like as a kid. I Love it when it's cooked in Cantonese Style.
6. McFlurry M&M's! An old time favourite but it is never served in McD Malaysia anymore. Now, they have Orea, which comes in as a strong second against the Cornetto flavor.
Tuesday, September 8, 2009
My Stomach's Favourites
There are many more foods my stomach and I agree on, but sadly, I can only put 5...
Posted by Alya at 11:06 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment